tiistai 13. toukokuuta 2014

kWsara inspected and street legal

Yesterday was the day. 


I set off to the inspection with 172179 km in the odometer.


It was a little rainy, but no matter.


After everything got inspected and even the regular yearly inspection passed, to my no small surprise, we proceeded to weight the vehicle.


I was prepared to lose a seat due to gained weight, but it was not to be.


The front showed 674 kg and rear 448 kg. Those two plus a 75 kg driver equals 1197 kg! Only 7 kg more than original curb weight. I couldn't have done better even if had carefully measured everything.


So no seats were lost and all was good. I even stayed below 1200 kg, which means I'll save on taxes, which are calculated based on weight on an old car such as this.


When all was said and done I was handed this beautiful piece of paper. Propulsion: Electric and Power: 12,8 kW. The power was printed on the identification plate of the motor and that sufficed.


Good times. Now back to the bench. The motor support had bent again and needs even more reinforcing. What I don't have to fear anymore is the bureaucrats suddenly changing the rules.

Ei kommentteja:

Lähetä kommentti